Sunday, May 10, 2009

Members Post Your New Work!



So far we haven't seen any of your latest work appearing on this blog. I'll start it off with my most recent.

This one is pure abstract - no subject. The brush did its thing. Now what to call it! This is an acrylic on a 24 inch square canvas. I am using paints made by Chroma Australia Ltd. - Atelier Interactive Artists' Acrylic. I love this paint. Atelier Interactive is a paint that can be adjusted and blended longer than conventional acrylics. Colours are intense without a plastic look or feel.

Today I'm working on a much smaller acrylic on watercolour paper. This is my subject photo. I took this photo at a native Pow Wow last year. Just hope I can capture this child. The sketch was done using computer software (I may love to paint but definitely not to draw) - now not to lose the "young look" as I paint it.

1 comment:

  1. I was just randomly looking through google images and came across this blog. That handsome little man happens to be my son :). Did you finish the painting? I would love to see it if you did. You can contact me at tanyaernesto@bell.net

    ReplyDelete