Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Evening Flight


Photography is another one of my hobbies. Last fall I took the Sunset Cruise between Tobermory and South Baymouth, Manitoulin Island on the MS Chi-Cheemanun. MS Chi-Cheemaun is the largest passenger/car vessel on the Great Lakes. This cruise provided the perfect photo opt for sunset scenes. A bird accompanied us as we made our way across the water. A photo taken on that trip became the background for our group's logo. Above is another one of my photos from that evening along with the bird who for the most part flew directly by the boat. I've titled the photo "Evening Flight". I now plan on painting this scene using watercolours. I'll post my progress on the painting effort. Any tips (Comments) on painting the sky would be appreciated.



2 comments:

  1. Here is a watercolour sky painting video from you tube that may be of interest/help.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW66GlzwOUs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. I found a watercolour painting book about sky painting years ago and remember only these instructions from the artist: Paint a sky a day! Sounds simple enough. How many days do you have?

    ReplyDelete