Friday, July 10, 2009

Creative Self-portraits















The challenge of doing a self-portrait is a bit intimidating, I think. Should it be mirror-image or photographic?(because we know that the two sides of our faces are different from each other) Realistic or fantastic? Dolores had some creative interpretations of a few photographs at Group yesterday, to get us thinking!

Anyway, I thought I would get my pretty friend Phoebe to help me play around on the computer and see what I would come up with. There are a couple of distortion tools that could change just one area if desired, or the whole picture. Yes, this is fun! I'm not so sure I would paint myself green, though...and Phoebe didn't tell me which portrait she liked the best (if any!).

It will be interesting to see what ideas we all come up with for our own self-portraits; I think it will be liberating in a way, because we will be free to choose any treatment of the subject that we wish. Is it still a self-portrait if it doesn't resemble the original? Maybe we would have to ask Picasso for the answer to that!













No comments:

Post a Comment